FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Coastal Crush Lacrosse is a community based, nonprofit 501c3 organization dedicated to growing the game of lacrosse throughout all of Hampton Roads. Our teams are located from Williamsburg to the Outer Banks.
- We facilitate a comprehensive recreational lacrosse season in the spring, as well as clinics in the fall, winter, and summer. We have a fall indoor league, and Girls Elite Travel in both summer and fall.
- All boys/girls in grades K- 8 are welcome to play for Coastal Crush Lacrosse and are placed on teams in your local area. Our experienced coaches do a fantastic job teaching inexperienced players about the skills, rules, and uniquely sportsmanlike culture of lacrosse.
- We have a mix of parents and lacrosse lovers in our community who volunteer their time. Many of our coaches have high school or college lacrosse playing and/or coaching experience. We require all of our coaches to participate in our coach training programs, which follow the recommendations of the Positive Coaching Alliance and US Lacrosse. We ensure every coach is at least certified as USL Level I. We encourage and facilitate continued training both through USL and local clinics where we partner with university coaching staff.
- All coaches pass a background check administered by NCSI and agree to our Coaches Pledge of Responsibility.
Season Key Dates
November 1, 2022: Spring Registration Opens!
March 2023: Practices Start (approximate)
Late March 2023: Spring Opening Day
May 2022: Crush Classic End of Season Play Day
April 13, 2024 - HRSC
April 20, 2024 - -Warhill
April 27, 2024 - DIVISIONAL DAY (teams play on your side of the water)
May 4, 2024 - Warhill
May 11, 2024- HRSC
May 18, 2024- Crush Classic HRSC
- Saturday April 13
- Saturday April 20
- Saturday April 27
- Saturday May 4
- Saturday May 11
- Saturday May 18 (Crush Classic Play Day)
Each team will play 2 games on each Saturday.
- Teams are formed on the basis of age and grade with USL verification. Players are them placed on the team in that age division closest to where they reside and go to school.
Our overarching goal is player development. At the Recreational level it is important that our athletes learn to play the game as it is meant to be played, ensuring a safe and age-appropriate progression in the sport.
- Head coaches will determine the practice location and days for their teams based on field availability.
- Once registered and teams are fully formed, coaches will communicate practice days and times with their teams via teamsnap.
1 Per week for K-1st
2 Per week for 2nd-8th Grade
- Games are held at both Hampton Roads Soccer Complex in VA Beach, and Warhill Athletic Complex in Williamsburg on alternating weekends.
- We make every effort to distribute games evenly between the two fields, and when possible, consider later game times for teams traveling furthest on a particular weekend.
- All K-1st- $160 with no early/late fee
Early Bird - $220
Normal (starts 1/1/24) - $230
Late Fee (starts 2/16/24) - $245
- Registration fee covers jersey, our field rental expenses, lacrosse equipment including goals and balls, trainers, officials charges, coach educational expenditures, and administrative costs.*Fee structure based on assumption of free city-field use for practices.
- All registrants must have US Lacrosse membership valid through May 31st. ($30 cost if renewal is necessary).
- Limited scholarships for deserving families are available. Our Crush-4-All program was created to defray the cost of registration. Please click here to make a confidential scholarship request.
- Membership in US Lacrosse provides us with substantially lower insurance costs and provides our players with supplemental insurance. US Lacrosse provides our sport with important safety research, rules guidelines, and coaching development programs.
- Most off-season lacrosse tournaments, camps and clinics by other providers require US Lacrosse membership as well, so you will save money in the future.
- Our registration system is integrated with US Lacrosse membership. Player ages/graduation years are verified for team placement. This ensures a safe and equitable experience in this developmental league.
- If you need to purchase or renew US Lacrosse membership, you will be redirected to www.uslacrosse.org to sign your athlete up and then returned to our website to complete the registration process.
- Team rosters, practice schedules, and locations will be emailed to parents, posted on the website, and found in TeamSnap late in April or early in March. Coaches will also email their teams as soon as possible after receiving their rosters.
- Boys must have a boys lacrosse stick, NOCSAE helmet, gloves, NOCSAE shoulder pads (new regulation 2022), elbow pads, athletic cup, mouth guard, tennis shoes/cleats.
- Girls must have a girls lacrosse stick, goggles, a mouth guard, and tennis shoes/cleats. Low profile helmets or gloves are optional.
- Our sponsor Dick’s Sporting Goods is a great source of lacrosse equipment.
- Stay tuned for great coupons for year-round use.
- Stay tuned for great coupons for year-round use.
- Our great sponsor Dick's Sporting Goods will again host Coastal Crush Shopping Days at all of the Hampton Roads Dick's Sporting Goods Locations. Stay tuned for these dates.