FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Coastal Crush Lacrosse is a community based, nonprofit 501c3 organization dedicated to growing the game of lacrosse throughout all of Hampton Roads. Our teams are located from Williamsburg to the Outer Banks.
- We facilitate a comprehensive recreational lacrosse season in the spring, as well as clinics in the fall, winter, and summer. We have a fall indoor league, and Girls Elite Travel in both summer and fall.
- All boys/girls in grades 1- 8 are welcome to play for Coastal Crush Lacrosse and are placed on teams in your local area. Our experienced coaches do a fantastic job teaching inexperienced players about the skills, rules, and uniquely sportsmanlike culture of lacrosse.
- We have a mix of parents and lacrosse lovers in our community who volunteer their time. Many of our coaches have high school or college lacrosse playing and/or coaching experience. We require all of our coaches to participate in our coach training programs, which follow the recommendations of the Positive Coaching Alliance and US Lacrosse. We ensure every coach is at least certified as USL Level I. We encourage and facilitate continued training both through USL and local clinics where we partner with university coaching staff.
- All coaches pass a background check administered by NCSI and agree to our Coaches Pledge of Responsibility.
- Practices will begin as early as the week of March 1st. This date will be determined by field availability.
- Games will be held on Saturdays starting April 17th. Game Dates are as follows. 4/17, 4/24, 5/1, 5/8, 5/15, & 5/22. May 22nd is our Crush Classic end of season tournament style play day
- Team’s play 2 games each Saturday with a minimum of 10 games, plus end of season Crush Classic playday.
- Saturday April 17
- Saturday April 24
- Saturday May 1
- Saturday May 8
- Saturday May 15
- Saturday May 22 (Crush Classic Play Day)
Each team will play 2 games on each Saturday. We've scheduled opening day for April 17th to minimize conflicts with spring break. Spring break varies greatly throughout our participating areas. This date has the least amount of conflict while still allowing us to play a full spring schedule of games.
- Teams are formed on the basis of age and grade with USL verification. Players are them placed on the team in that age division closest to where they reside and go to school.
- Click here for more info on Age Breakouts
Our overarching goal is player development. At the Recreational level it is important that our athletes learn to play the game as it is meant to be played, ensuring a safe and age-appropriate progression in the sport.
- Head coaches will determine the practice location and days for their teams based on field availability.
- Once registered and teams are fully formed, coaches will communicate practice days and times with their teams via teamsnap.
1 Per week for K-2nd
2 Per week for 3rd-8th Grade
- Games are held at both Hampton Roads Soccer Complex in VA Beach, and Warhill Athletic Complex in Williamsburg on alternating weekends.
- We make every effort to distribute games evenly between the two fields, and when possible, consider later game times for teams traveling furthest on a particular weekend.
- All 8U players: $125
Early Bird through Dec 31st: $175
Regular Registration Jan 1-Feb 14: $200
Late Registration Feb 15 until teams full: $225
- Registration fee covers new sublimated player jerseys, our field rental expenses, lacrosse equipment including goals and balls, trainers, officials charges, coach educational expenditures, and administrative costs.
*Fee structure based on assumption of free city-field use for practices.
- All registrants must have US Lacrosse membership valid through May 31st. ($30 cost if renewal is necessary).
- Our new sublimated uniforms will be custom-made by Dynamic Team Sports. We began a new two-year uniform cycle in spring 2021.
- Limited scholarships for deserving families are available. Our Crush-4-All program was created to defray the cost of registration. Please click here to make a confidential scholarship request.
- Membership in US Lacrosse provides us with substantially lower insurance costs and provides our players with supplemental insurance. US Lacrosse provides our sport with important safety research, rules guidelines, and coaching development programs.
- Most off-season lacrosse tournaments, camps and clinics by other providers require US Lacrosse membership as well, so you will save money in the future.
- Our registration system is integrated with US Lacrosse membership. Player ages/graduation years are verified for team placement. This ensures a safe and equitable experience in this developmental league.
- If you need to purchase or renew US Lacrosse membership, you will be redirected to www.uslacrosse.org to sign your athlete up and then returned to our website to complete the registration process.
- Team rosters, practice schedules, and locations will be emailed to parents, posted on the website, and found in TeamSnap late in April or early in March. Coaches will also email their teams as soon as possible after receiving their rosters.
- Boys must have a boys lacrosse stick, helmet, gloves, shoulder and elbow pads, a cup, and a mouthguard.
- Girls must have a girls lacrosse stick, goggles, and a mouthguard. Low profile helmets or gloves are optional.
- Our sponsor Dick’s Sporting Goods is a great source of lacrosse equipment.
- Stay tuned for great coupons for year-round use.
- Stay tuned for great coupons for year-round use.
- Our great sponsor Dick's Sporting Goods will again host Coastal Crush Shopping Days at all of the Hampton Roads Dick's Sporting Goods Locations. Stay tuned for these dates.